Junior Kumon is a program for students ages 3-7 years old. Jr. Kumon is designed to develop a child's innate desire to learn and to help prepare them for their first academic challenges in math and reading.
Children work closely with a trained Jr. Kumon Assistant at the Center and with a parent at home. Our individualized and interactive method gives Junior Kumon students a leg up to becoming avid learners and successful students.
Junior Kumon fosters:
- A desire and motivation to learn
- Acquisition of pre-literacy and numeracy skills
- Comfort in a learning environment
- Preparedness for school
- A positive attitude towards learning
- Confidence and self-esteem
Those students who complete the Jr. Kumon Program (through 3A in Reading and/or Math)will have mastered the basic principles of phonics (Reading) and will have developed a strong number sense and the concept of addition (Math).